Monday, August 1, 2011

MacBook Padded Case


I've been dying to go to Gather Here for some fabric for a padded case for my MacBook that I've been trying to make for about 3 weeks, but never got around to it.  They have a wide selection of inspiring prints that you would drool over (nothing you'd find at JoAnn's I assure you).  I had a multitude of choices of what I wanted but this fabric from the Henry Alexander Ghastlies Collection really spoke to me.  It's like The Last Supper, meets Edward Gorey, meets knitting, oh and there are some kids there and an old guy with a spectacle.....





I had this button on hand for a while and never knew what to do with it.  I also grabbed some cotton cord I had on hand and 1/2" thick foam for the insides.  Don't want my mac to get all bruised, someone might call Apple Protective Services on me.  HAHAHAHHA


and here's the finished project!  Yippeee for me!





And of course, I added my own label in there for good measure.




For more inspiring DIY Macbook/Laptop cases/sleeves, click HERE
XX 'n Hugs
-Andi

Happy Creating...



2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Where did you get your foam, because I was thinking about making a case for my MacBook (or one of the other devices)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got my 1/2" thick foam at Winmill Fabrics on Chauncy St in China Town. They cut it for you by the yard, you only need about 1 yd (you'll have some extra left over). They also have a great selection of buttons. Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete